List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Can ANYONE help with this problem?
From:       "George R.Kasica" <georgek () netwrx1 ! com>
Date:       2000-12-28 15:41:48

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:03:57 -0800, you wrote:

>At 20:29 +0000 12/27/00, Philip Hazel wrote:
>>Check your majordomo configuration. Somewhere there will be some setting
>>that defines how it sends out messages.
>
>in the majordomo.cf file, you'll find:
>
># $sendmail_command -- Pathname to the sendmail program
>#                      usually /usr/lib/sendmail, but some newer BSD systems
>#                      seem to prefer /usr/sbin/sendmail
>#
>#$sendmail_command = "/usr/lib/sendmail";
>
>(our settings removed due to paranoia)
>
>followed in the file by
>
># $mailer -- What program and args do I use to send mail to the list?
># $bounce_mailer -- What is used to send mail anywhere else?
># The variables $to, $from, $subject, and $sender can be interpolated into
># this command line.  Note, however, that the $to, $from, and $subject
># variables may be provided by the person sending mail, and much mischief
># can be had by playing with this variable.  It is perfectly safe to use
># $sender, but the others are insecure.
>#
># Sendmail option -oi:  Do not take a . on a line by itself as the message
>#                       terminator.
># Sendmail option -oee: Force sendmail to exit with a zero exit status if
>#                       if it's not going to give useful information.
>#
>
>$mailer = "$sendmail_command -oi -oee -f\$sender";
>$bounce_mailer = "$sendmail_command -oi -oee -f\$sender -t";
>
>My guess is that there is a -d in the $mailer line in your file.
>
>[Phil...the majordomo.cf file is just Perl code which is read in, becoming
>part of Majordomo.  But you likely knew that.]
Here it is....no -d that I can find...

# $sendmail_command -- Pathname to the sendmail program
#                      usually /usr/lib/sendmail, but some newer BSD
systems
#                      seem to prefer /usr/sbin/sendmail
#
$sendmail_command = "/usr/lib/sendmail -v";
# $sendmail_command = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

[...]

# You can special case the mailer used to deliver outbound mail as
follows:
#
# To use TLB and use no outgoing alias:
# if ($main'program_name eq 'mj_resend' && $opt_l eq 'test-list') {
#   $mailer = "/usr/local/majordomo/tlb
/usr/local/lists/${opt_l}.tlb";
# }
#
# To use a different Sendmail queue for this list's mail:
# if ($main'program_name eq 'mj_resend' && $opt_l eq 'test-list') {
#   $mailer = "$sendmail_command -oQ /var/spool/listq -f\$sender";
# }

George, MR. Tibbs & The Beast Kasica
Waukesha, WI USA
georgek@netwrx1.com