List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Novice User
From:       Victor M Vega Villa <victorm () celula ! cell ! cinvestav ! mx>
Date:       2000-03-31 21:29:24

Hi,
I'm setting up Majordomo last version on a Solaris 7 intel box with
sendmail 8.9.3 +sun and the last version of perl.

I did follow steps mentioned in INSTALL and NEWLIST docs and I have this
questions:

Installation,
a) when creating the majordomo account, I did use mdomo due majordomo is
declarede to large, I made an alias in /etc/aliases called majordomo for
mdomo, is this correct? moreover, the INSTALL file is not explicit about
the home directory for the user majordomo, what must I do regarding the
stuf?

anyway, I finish the installation procedure whitout error messages.

Creating lists,

a) in the NEWLIST file, in step 7 one read:

7) Now issue a 'config <listname> <listname>.admin' command to
   Majordomo. bla, bla ...

How may I issue this command? with a mail? with an installed or
decompressed script?

I think (I hope so), I just need configure my first list, however, I don't
know how to send the config list command to majordomo,

Could You please give me an idea?

In advance thanks for the Your help

Victor Vega
victorm@cell.cinvestav.mx