List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Wrapper not availabe
From:       Dan Liston <dan () sonny ! org>
Date:       2000-03-31 18:12:21

Asfihani wrote:

> Hi,
> When I run majordomo on my RedHat 6.0 box I got this message :
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
> 554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"... Service unavailable
>
> but if I run it under Slacwackware or FreeBSD nothing wrong...
> I already search for manul or FAQ ...but unfortunately I can't find the
> solution. Any ideas ?

I am not sure what version of Sendmail slackware or freebsd use, or what
features they set by "default".  RedHat uses sendmail 8.9.3 with "smrsh"
enabled.  This requires a link in /etc/smrsh to the majordomo/wrapper.

cd /etc/smrsh; ln -s /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper

Dan

PS.  This is covered in section 2.11 of the FAQ.