List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Only accept emails with CC or TO list
From:       Dan Liston <dan () sonny ! org>
Date:       2000-03-31 7:43:11

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we use a Majordomo 1.94.5 list as generalized e-mail receiver list (and
> for internal communiction). We therefore cannot disallow the reception
> of email originating of non-subscribed senders.
>
> In order to decrease the number of spam, which the list receives, we
> would like to block all e-mails, which don't contain the list address in
> the from or cc header (this would be list@*.foo.bar and list@foo.bar).
> How can this be done? (This would be a reversed Taboo header.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Tobias

Here is what "I" do to guarantee that messages are TO or CC the
majordomo mailing list.

1.  Make sure procmail is installed on the system.
2.  Set alias for main list address to use procmail like this;
	list:   "|/usr/local/bin/procmail -f- /home/mj1945/filters/list",nobody
3.  The filters/list file looks like this;
	:0fhw
	* !^TO_list@my.domain\.com
	| formail -I "X-ApprovalRequired: true"

	:0
	| /home/mj1945/wrapper resend -l list list-outgoing,nobody

Now, anytime a message is delivered to list@my.domain.com without the
proper To: or Cc: (I think Bcc: works too), it bounces to the list-owner
for approval or rejection.

Dan