List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: SPAM
From:       David Gibbs <david () midrange ! com>
Date:       2000-03-25 12:16:59

At 11:51 PM 03/24/2000 , Grace M. Garcia wrote:
>I am getting spam messages for non-subscribed users. I am thinking of
>restricting users, will that work?

Works great for me.

>And how will I do it?

Just set the restrict_post configuration variable to the list file
name.  If you want to allow other addresses to post that aren't subscribed
(admin users, etc), just list the addresses in another file (in your main
lists directory) and add that file to the restrict_post entry (separate the
files with a colon).

david