List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Incomplete Digests
From:       Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj () ednet ! ns ! ca>
Date:       2000-02-25 15:47:03

With some help from the local Perl guru we have solved the problem. The
problem was that the digest program was not sorting the files from the
$digest_dir/test-digest directory properly. For example if there were
files 001 through 017 it would go through them in what appears to be
random order. The digest code would only keep looping until it hit message
017 then stop, leaving usually 3 to 5 messages behind.

The fix was just a one liner on line 178 of digest.

Orginal line:   foreach (@files) {

Fixed line: foreach (sort @files) {

This fix sorts the files from lowest number to highest and therefore gets
all the messages properly. Not sure why this bug hasn't show up before but
it may have crept up on us because we are using a Reiser file system.