List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    can't subscribe
From:       Corey Shelton <corey () usga ! org>
Date:       1998-08-24 17:27:34

Majordomo 1.94.4

Perl 5.00404

RedHat Linux 5.1, v 2.0.34

Sendmail 8.8.7

Just completed the install.  While trying to subscribe to the list (from
an external system), I got the following:

MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!

Can't append to /usr/test/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/usgastaff: Permission
denied

------------------------

</paraindent>

I then logged into the system as root and sent the same subscribe
request.  The following was sent to the owner (me) from
golfhouse@listserv.usga.org:

root <<root@listserv.usga.org> requests that you approve the following:

	subscribe usgastaff corey@einteractive.com

If you approve, please send a message such as the following back to

golfhouse (with the appropriate PASSWORD filled in, of course):

	approve PASSWORD subscribe usgastaff corey@einteractive.com

If you disapprove, do nothing.

Thanks!

golfhouse

------------------------

</paraindent>

When I reply to the approve message, I get:

corey@einteractive.com

**** approve: invalid list or password.

**** Help for golfhouse:

</paraindent>