List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Any way to restrict a list?
From:       Jeffrey Kaplan <jkaplan () world ! std ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 8:36:19

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Abdullah 'Faiz' Rahman wrote:

; majordomo 1.94 and perl5.  I would like to restrict the list in a way so
; that only the subscribers can post mail in the list.  I don't want to
; 'approve' all mails, but rather wish that the majordomo whould check if the
; sender is a member of the list or not.  If member, mail should be posted.
; If non-member, mail should bounce back.

That's the purpose of the "restrict_post =" key.  Read the comments in
the config file for the syntax of the setting.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan          <*>    I'm set up for PGP.  Are you?
jkapllan@world.std.com  <*>  There is only one "l" in my name.

"Boom.  Boom boom boom.  Boom boom.  Boom!  Have a nice day."  (Lt. Cmdr.
Ivanova, B5 "A Voice In The Wilderness II")