List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Errors-to
From:       root <root () ns2 ! giga ! com ! ar>
Date:       1998-02-28 15:02:41

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> I think that we have had this conversation before.  I gleened my
> information from RFC822 section 4.4.4
>
> I can well believe that.  Anyway majordomo is set up
> to call the MTA in such a way that the envelope "mail from" is
> owner-listname.  There are, unfortunately, a couple of MTAs out
> there that don't use that address for delivery reports.

The way I opened the thread was a little unfortunate. I asked "is
errors-to safe" while I wanted to know "how can I keep threads flowing
whithin the list, avoiding private answers".

I'd got the idea that the only safe thing is to, use reply-to $list, and
keep list-owner as sender.

Thank you, Jeffrey and Rich!

							Leandro