List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    sender = owner?
From:       David Smith <smithd () blkbox ! com>
Date:       1998-02-27 0:32:16

I found something odd that I thought I should share.

One of my list owners changed the "sender" varable to the listname from
owner-listname.

This caused the bounces to be sent to the list rather than owner-listname,
causing resent to continue to loop (however the bounces did not go out,
they were bounced because the list was not subscribed to itself and I have
subscriber checking turned on).

I had thought that bounces should be sent to "owner-listname" or what
"moderator" is set to, if set, but on this list, moderator was not set, and
just changed the sender varable fixed the problem.