List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Error When Posting!
From:       "John Van Essen" <vanes002 () umn ! edu>
Date:       1998-01-31 3:49:45

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Jeffrey Velez <jvelez@jvelez2.med.miami.edu> wrote:

>I JUST SETUP AN MAJORDOMO L*ST AND I CAN S*BSCRIBE BUT I CAN NOT POST TO
>THIS L*ST NOR UNS*BSCRIBE. I'M RUNNING IT ON A LINUX DEBIAN SYSTEM.

EH?  Speak up!  This ear's deaf!  Shout into my other ear!

I munged your message to get past the administrivia filters, which
delayed your original posting.  (I agree with Dave and Bill about
needing to check *only* the first word, preferably on only the first
line or two or three).

> /bin/sh: /var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-list: Permission denied
> "|/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-list" ... failed: transport pipe: child
>returned status EX_126 (126)

Is this a troll?  If so, I guess I fell for it...

You are trying to execute your mailing list.  This message means that
you need a more lethal weapon.  Try a BFG9000.

        John Van Essen <vanes002@umn.edu>