List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Virtual Digest Solved
From:       Ernest Mueller <ernestm () towery ! com>
Date:       1998-01-29 19:24:42

Well, I posted two problems here lately - the one about matching user domains
was fixed by setting mungedomain to yes, a trivial change.

The other was about how when trying to mkdigest for one of my virtual lists it
wasn't working real well.

After getting into the code, I see that mkdigest can actually take another
argument (no docs on this anywhere but in the code).  If you send an argument of
the form

mkdigest listname outgoing-listname password

it will send it to the particular outgoing-listname.  With virtual domains, you
often have aliases like "list-domain-outgoing" but majordomo by default uses
"list-outgoing".  Sooo, you just say

to: majordomo@domain
mkdigest list list-domain-outgoing password

And it works fine.  So now I have complete virtual domain setup with digests.
Woo hoo.

Just posting in case anyone cares, from the lack of response it appears no one
really runs virtual domains much.

Ernest
--
Ernest C. Mueller                                ernestm@towery.com
Webmaster                                        Phone: (901) 251-7000