List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    I'm not a Unix guru.  :-(
From:       lynch () lscorp ! com (Richard Lynch)
Date:       1998-01-28 21:13:04

Okay, assume a Macintosh LISP hacker is actually the most qualified member
of an organization to set up a virtual web server thingy.

Assume also, that the ISP he has chosen is *EXTREMELY* busy setting up a
new server, so he doesn't want to pester him with questions that any
self-respecting webmaster would know the answer to.

Also assume that /usr/home/majordomo is on the server, and that in that
directory there is a file called majordomo_version.pl, whose contents
(subject to typos) are:
# $Header: /sources/cvsrepos/majordomo/majordomo_version.pl,v 1.7.2.2.2.1
1994/12/26 23:47:59 rouilj Exp $
$majordomo_version = "1.93";
1;

What are the odds that one of you could tell me how to create a mailing
list for my virtual domain?...  Or do I need to be root on the real server
to do that?

Thanks.

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@lscorp.com