List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Solaris2.5 majordomo1.94.1 shlock problem
From:       Shelley A Waltz <shelley () IAS ! EDU>
Date:       1997-04-30 15:15:59

What causes subscribe/unsubscribe to fail with the following ...

MAJORDOMO WARNING (mj_majordomo)!!

shlock: open('/usr/services/majordomo/lists/L.ias-test'): Permission denied

I also get "chmod" error trying to use majorcool.  It also complains about
not being the "owner" of a file in the lists directory.

Who should be owner, what should permissions be.  I have tried everything,
I think.  Majorcool creates files with nobody:nobody ownership.

ANy insight or pointers to information is appreciated.

shelley@ias.edu