List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Bounce messages
From:       Tony Fathers <a.fathers () uws ! edu ! au>
Date:       1997-04-30 11:08:11

Joe

You have administrivia=yes in your <listname>.config file.  This checks the
first ten lines of the post (and subject???) for the evil words - or
majordomo commands.  It's supposed to work that way to prevent unnecessary
administrative rubbish being posted to all your subscribers.  As list
owner, you can simply approve the post and send it back to the list (if
it's a real post), subscribe or whatever the person wanted if it's really
an admin request (and tell the person the right way to do it) or change
your config so that administrivia isn't on.  It really depends on your list
whether on or off is better.

Regards

Tony F
Oz