List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: problem with unsubscribe
From:       Greg Blakely <greg () vyger ! net>
Date:       1997-04-28 1:20:22

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, LDC - Carlos Eduardo Cardenas wrote:

> 	Hi, I have the following problem using majordomo 1.94:
>
> 	When I (as list owner) try to unsusbcribe anybody using the
> approve command the system send me this message:
>
> MAJORDOMO ABORT
>
> chown(80, 80, "/usr/local/majordomo-1.94/lists/l-foobar.new"): Not owner

I have had the same problem on my Linux system.  Last week, I saw on this
list that someone had that problem as well.

My "foobar.new" was owned by bin, group bin.

How I "solved" it was to chown all my mailing lists to "bin.bin", and now
it works.

The fellow who had a similar problem had his "foobar.new" owned by
mail, so he "chown"ed his lists to mail.mail, and it worked for him.

Still don't know how it's SUPPOSED to be set up, but that's a hack-around.

---

Greg Blakely      greg@vyger.net                 http://www.vyger.net/~greg
                  mn0045@mnwg.ncr.cap.gov         greg.blakely@mnwg.cap.gov
                  pgp key: 5E BD 32 60 46 4F 36 40  9A 65 FC 63 52 7A 9E A9