List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: MAJORDOMO abort solved
From:       Dave Wolfe <dwolfe () risc ! sps ! mot ! com>
Date:       1997-04-28 17:52:40

[ I'm Cc'ing the list to get the response into the archives. ]

[ LDC - Carlos Eduardo Cardenas writes: ]

> 	Thank you all, apparently when majordomo execute chown is not
> running setuid yet, so chown fails, but it fails changing the owner of
> a temp file , so I commented the 'chown lines' and it works.

I don't think that's a good idea. You need to fix your installation so
that the temp file is created with the correct owner. The temp file gets
renamed to the real file and then it too will have the wrong owner,
which will probably cause other problems for you.

--
 Dave Wolfe