List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: BOUNCEs on a (supposedly) unmoderated list
From:       Brent () GreatCircle ! COM (Brent Chapman)
Date:       1995-08-31 22:56:06

At 5:25 PM 8/31/95, Jack Ganssle wrote:
>[ Jack Ganssle writes: ]
>>>
>>> I'm running Majordomo 1.93 and have found that if I have an unmoderated
>list,
>>> then working in Unix (say, via the PINE mail program), I can send mail to
>the
>>> list and it goes to everyone with no problem.
>>>
>>> If I send mail to the list using my PPP account, running Internet In a
>Box's
>>> mail program, every message gets bounced to me for approval.
>
>David Wolfe Responded
>>First off, it's not moderation that's causing these bounces, it's the
>>administriva option in the list.config file (or -s option on the resend
>>command line). "Nuts in a Box" is apparently putting something in the
>
>Well, for some reason the problem mysteriously went away when I tried it
>again. Thanks for your comments, and for waving that magic wand over the
>system!  :)
>
>Jack

>Jack Ganssle,   aka    jack@softaid.net
>Embedded Web Page:   http://www.softaid.net/embedded.html
>Embedded listserver: email "subscribe embedded your-address"
>                     to majordomo@softaid.net

I can tell you exactly what the problem is: the word "subscribe" in the
"Embedded listserver" line of your signature.  If you send a short enough
message that that line in your signature ends up in the first 5 lines of
the message, it will trigger the administrivia filters.

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | For Firewalls Tutorial info:
Brent@GreatCircle.COM | 1057 West Dana Street    | Tutorial-Info@GreatCircle.COM