List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: I have a question HELP!
From:       hal9001 () panix ! com (Robert A !  Rosenberg)
Date:       1995-04-29 4:27:00

At 8:28 4/28/95, Dave Wolfe wrote:
>[ Robert A. Rosenberg writes: ]
>> Thus if I wanted to submit this message to the list and pre-approve it, my
>> submitted message would be the following (I'm Quoting to avoid any
>> problems).
>>
>> >To: majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM
>> >From: hal9001@panix.com (Robert A. Rosenberg)
>> >Subject: Re: I have a question HELP!

>> >To: James Poulin <jpoulin@magi.com>
>> >From: hal9001@panix.com (Robert A. Rosenberg)
>> >Subject: Re: I have a question HELP!
>> >Cc: Elizabeth Lear <eliz@world.std.com>, majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM
>> >
>> >The real message would appear here.
>>
>> Note: I'm not sure of the Cc's or if they have to be sent direct with the
>> embedded message only listing the list.
>
>Addresses (To or Cc -- actually Bcc as well, but you won't see that)
>other than the list you're approving the moderated/bounced message for
>should have already been delivered by the original mailer and therefore
>aren't your concern.

You are misunderstanding what I was attempting to say. I understand/know
that normally when a message is submitted to a list, and there are extra
addresses on the To/Cc/Bcc headers, that one copy goes to each address
(with the ML copy being sent to the List-Owner to add the Approve Password
and return the message for actual posting). The form of that routed message
has the original message with headers as part of the message text (so that
all that is needed is to remove the Approved header and blank line and
route the rest though the list). The question that was at issue in this
thread was how to structure a message so that it LOOKED like it was a
message that had been submitted to the ML-Owner and was now being returned
as approved. My message showed the structure of such a "Pre-Approved"
message and I was only raising the query/issue of if the embedded message
could have addresses in addition to that of the List (and if it did, would
they be processed when the message was actually routed to the list).