List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Returned mail going to the list ?
From:       Elizabeth Lear <eliz () world ! std ! com>
Date:       1995-04-28 15:03:17

I've contacted postmasters about 'return-receipts' going to the lists,
and they have pretty much all been wonderful about preventing it from
happening again.

I've also contacted postmasters about bounces going back to the list
because their mailers are using the 'reply-to' address.  Some are
apologetic, some don't answer my mail, and some are downright hostile
(all were addressed in the same way).  I put it to them pretty simply:
"If you don't change this, it *will* happen again and your site and
the list site will be flooded with loops.  Until your mailer behavior
is changed, I can't allow subscriptions from your site."  I don't see
a lot of sites repeating loops, so either they forbid mailing list
subs or they tidy things up.

							...eliz