List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Lists with multiple moderators
From:       Herve DEMARTHE (CEA France) <demarthe () alpha ! cad ! cea ! fr>
Date:       1995-03-31 17:10:04

Dear Majordomo users,

this may be a FAQ, but I want to know if majordomo can deal with multiple
moderators. I see two approaches to that problem :

1) OR'ED moderators
   approval is submitted to a group of moderators (which can be a list
   itself, of course !), and if ONE among them approves (=> OR'ED), the
   message (or subscription) is approved. This should be simple (?) since
   it is similar to the solution suggested in the FAQ to have the moderator
   changed VIA E-mail (ie : without majordomo owner action).
   This solution is a backup one for us if 2) can't be achieved.

2) AND'ED moderators
   looks more complicated : we have to find a scheme in which EVERY
   moderator must approve (=> AND'ED) the message (or subscription).
   By now, I can only find "hierarchical", "multi-staged" configuration
   with cascaded lists to achieve that.
   This solution is preferred (that nasty french administrati-mania ;-)

Did anybody of you have to cope with that kind of problem before, and if
so, what was the practical solution retained ?

Any help will be appreciated, regards,

| Herve DEMARTHE   %^)    E-Mail:   demarthe@alpha.cad.cea.fr  |
| CEA/DSM/DRFC/STEP       Tel: +33 42257527  Fax: +33 42252661 |
| CEN Cadarache Bt 506    13108 St Paul Lez Durance     FRANCE |
|        <<< Apprentiz de todo, Maestro de nada ... >>>        |
| All opinions expressed herein are mine and not those of CEA. |