List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Misunderstood errors
From:       "Chuck D'Antonio" <chuckd () latte ! harvard ! edu>
Date:       1994-09-28 20:17:45

I've been working with a couple of mailing lists used for classes in the
Government department at Harvard University.  SInce the material on the list
has potential importance with regards to the courses involved we've planned
to archive the lists and have the information available for later retreival.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working quite right.  We get error
messages about setuid as well as a list of locking errors.  All of the
permissions on the files in the Majordomo directories seem to work okay.  I'm
a bit stumped.  Also, the index and get commands tend to fail on all of the
lists.  I'm reading through the code to figure it out, but I'd like a solution
from someone who's been there.

Thanks,
Chuck

--