List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: question about format of email addresses in the list file-II
From:       "John P. Rouillard" <rouilj () cs ! umb ! edu>
Date:       1994-06-29 0:06:56

In message <9406282349.AA06352@martinique.umhc.umn.edu>,
Keith Willard writes:
>[ the rest of the message deleted included speculation as to the
>problem]
>
>I think my supposition as to the problem in the previous posting is
>incorrect. I do not know why i get bounces with membership entries of
>the form
>
>	Keith Willard <keithw>
>

>Here is an example of the bounce message I get back as list-owner
>from posting a message to the list (the list name is fasola) with a
>membership entry of the above form.

>Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 18:16:33 -0500
>To: owner-fasola@tahiti.umhc.umn.edu
>From: owner-fasola@tahiti.umhc.umn.edu
>Subject: BOUNCE fasola@tahiti.umhc.umn.edu: Admin request
>
>>From keithw  Tue Jun 28 18:16:29 1994
>Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 18:16:29 -0500
>From: Keith Willard <keithw>
>To: fasola
>Subject: test message
>

>this is a test of new subscribe email stripping practice

If you have adminstrivia set to "yes", it will check for possible
administrative requests being sent to the mailing list. One of the
checks is for the word subscribe in the first 5 lines of the body of
the message. You can use the approve command supplied with majordomo
to approve this message and have resend send the mail through.

				-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred)            Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480