List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    File protections in 1.92
From:       Jim Reisert -- MLO5-2/36A -- DTN 223-5747  28-Jun-1994 0948 <reisert () wrksys ! enet
Date:       1994-06-28 9:46:31

I'm finding that a lot of files from 1.62 previously owned by Majordomo, in
group Majordomo, with rw-rw-r-- protection (or rw-r--r--) are not accessible
to 1.92.  I have had to change the protection to rw-rw-rw- (i.e.  make them
writable by anyone).  It seems that "daemon" is the owner for more
operations than in 1.62.  I tried adding "daemon" to the Majordomo group but
that doesn't seem to alleviate the problems.

I would prefer that the majordomo files are *NOT* writable by other.  How is
one supposed to get all the ownerships and protections correct?

- Jim
reisert@mlo.dec.com