List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    setting up a bounces list
From:       pdc () lunch ! asd ! sgi ! com (Paul Close)
Date:       1994-06-27 17:22:02

I've recently set up a 'bounces' list, for use with bounce and bounce-remind.
However, I'm a little unsure of how it should be set up.  It seems like
owner-bounces should be nobody, otherwise I get all the bounces every day!
But isn't making the owner of the alias nobody a bad thing?  Suggestions on
how other people manage the bounces list would be welcome.

Also, I suppose there's no way to "expire" the entries on the bounces
list?  The date is there, so it should be easy.  Has anyone modified
bounce-remind to expire?  I would think a month on the bounces list would
be more than enough!

Finally, each time mail bounces, doesn't the sysadmin of that system also
get mail?  Won't a daily program annoy them?  And all they have to reply to
is 'nobody'!  Of course postmaster@my.system is me, so they can always reach
me if they have to....
--
Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, uunet}!sgi!pdc