List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: comparision between listserv and Majordomo
From:       David Barr <barr () pop ! psu ! edu>
Date:       1994-03-29 19:32:31

In message <9403291808.AA23088@easynet.crl.dec.com>, Alpha Personal Systems --
DTN 223-5747 -- MLO5-2/36A writes:
>David Barr (barr@pop.psu.edu) wrote:
>>[Majordomo's "bounce" system]
>How can this be set up? It was my understanding that using a "passive" list,
>that all bounces are returned to the sender, not the list owner.  How can I
>set things up to return bounces to me?

No, bounces must go to the list owner.  It's no good sending bounces to
the original sender of the message, since they're in no position to
fix the problem.

If you use the "resend" that comes with Majordomo to munge your headers,
you need to specify "-f owner-listname" and make sure you have an alias
"owner-listname" that is the owner(s) of the list.

Sendmail v.8 automatically does "the right thing" (mostly) if your list
is simply a :include: alias and you have an "owner-listname" alias
specified in your aliases.

--Dave