List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    /etc/aliases format on SunOs 4.1.2
From:       slade () wrc ! xerox ! com (Mike Slade)
Date:       1993-09-24 14:21:11

Help-
I'm tripping over myself in starting to install major-domo!

There is a very simple solution to this error but I don't know what it is!

On a sparc 2 running SunOs 4.1.2

if I enter in the /etc/alaises file

majordomo:	"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"

the mailer daemon attempts to mail to
> /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo
 which it obviously can't find. I could possibly bury everything in a shell script \
but it bugs me that I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Drop off the quotes, doesn't recognize the command line parameters.

I have tried tab, space,no space after the colon.

Ideas, suggestions, anyone?

thanks
-- Michael Slade
                                        Xerox Webster Research Center
Phone: (716) 422-5346  FAX: x2126       800 Phillips Road, 0128-27E
Internet: slade.wbst128@xerox.com       Webster, New York 14580