List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    why so slow to approve
From:       buck () curie ! nrl ! navy ! mil (Buck Buchanan)
Date:       1993-09-09 15:24:00

Hi,

On my Silicon Graphics Crimson it has taken as long a half hour to process
and approve.  During this time the list file was zero length (i.e., any
thing sent to that list would go into a black hole).  The Crimson was
lightly loaded during the entire time it took for the half hour update.
Another time when the machine was fairly loaded it only took ten minutes.
Any ideas as to why so slow?

This would not bother me if the list file had not been zero length.  I also
assume we lose the entire database if the system crashes while in that state.
So I am another vote for the "rename" changes.  No, I don't think that you
will see the changes come from me (I am very novice perl programmer).

B Cing U

Buck

Loren Buchanan (buck@curie.nrl.navy.mil) | #include <standard.disclaimer>
NRL Code 5842, 4555 Overlook Ave.        | #include <computer.graphics>
Washington, DC 20375      (202) 767-3884 | #include <electronic.music>
Phone tag, America's fastest growing business sport.