List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Replacement of majordomo
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () sonny ! org>
Date:       2003-11-20 19:42:17

In your case, since hostname is the same, your only real
concern is to get the majordomo UID and GID correct on
the new system before you tar with preserve permissions
of the old majordomo files, directories, and configuration.
Then a simple untar on the new system to restore.  Just be
sure your sendmail configurations are kept in tact to trust
the majordomo user, and preserve aliases, then all should
be fine.  If Solaris 9 uses smrsh, you may need to create
the link for majordomo's wrapper on the new server too.

Dan Liston