List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Majordomo & Ensim
From:       "Dean Mail" <deansmail () complanners ! com>
Date:       2003-11-11 2:53:37

There are some posts about Majorcool in the Ensim forums:
http://forum.ensim.com
and here, too:
http://forum.ev1servers.net/

Essentially, no one has reported success. It broke one fellow's Majordomo
installation (though I think that's because he did something wrong when
installing Majorcool). A couple of people got it installed, apparently, but
no lists will show. (I also installed it once and couldn't get the lists to
display. All the email stuff for creating lists, etc., worked.) There was no
error message showing what was wrong. And there were no follow-up posts in
either of those two forums once the people reached that, apparent, dead end.

Here's all the rest of what I know.

You have to log into the Web Appliance and change to root, or superuser
(su).

You have to "chroot" to the domain you're going to install it in, so:
/usr/sbin/chroot /home/virtual/thedomain.com

Majordomo program files are here:
/usr/lib/majordomo

The lists, archives, digests are here:
/var/lib/majordomo

The aliases file and majordomo.cf are here:
/etc/

If you get it working, I'd love to hear about it.

I did install, on an Ensim set-up, LWGate:
http://www.netspace.org/~dwb/lwgate/

It's not Majorcool, but it works, especially if you need to look at digests.

-- Dean