List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Accuse de reception
From:       Mickael <mdily.ether () nerim ! fr>
Date:       2003-09-15 16:47:37

Wow, thank you a lot Dan. It was really helpful for me. And for many others, i
suppose ;-)

Le Lundi 15 Septembre 2003 17:57, Daniel Liston a écrit :
 Mickael wrote:
 >  #forward spamtrap mail to spamarchive
 >
 >  :0
 >
 >  * !^TO_me@my\.domain\.com
 >  ! submitautomated@spamarchive.org
 >

 > What does this line exactly do ?
 > I believe it looks at the recipient, and if it is different from my email
 > adress, it sends it to spamarchive.org... Am I wrong ?

 Colon (:) is the beginning of each rule, and zero (0) is a remnant
 of early days where the intent was to number the rules.  All rules
 today are actually numbered zero, and could be followed with other
 flags. I did not use any flags in order to keep the example simple.

 The condition (*) regex matches recipients that do not (!) begin (^)
 with a To: Cc: Bcc: Original-To: Original-Cc: Original-Bcc: Resent-To:
 Apparently-To: header, followed by an email address comment or not,
 up through the stated email address, and anything following it.  In
 procmail, .* at the end of a regular expression is redundant.  Since
 dots (.) are wildcard characters, they are escaped with a backslash.

 The action (!) forwards to the RFC822 email address, and the dot (.)
 is not a wildcard, so it is not escaped.

 Long answer short, you are correct.  I just wanted to key in on all
 the possible recipient headers that can be matched.  If this were to
 be used in a global /etc/procmailrc recipe, the "me" portion of the
 address used in the example would also have to be carefully expressed.

 Dan Liston

 PS. There should not be a blank line between the :0 and the condition
 line either.  I think that appeared because of the way mozilla wants
 to offer emoticons as a graphic display now.  Please do not mistake