List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Majorcool problems
From:       Bill Houle <bhoule () conveyanced ! com>
Date:       2003-09-14 7:47:06

I think Dan just wants you to be a little more specific. You've said
the equivalent of "my car looks good, but it doesn't run". You've left
no other info, such as did you turn the ignition, is the engine
missing, etc.

Given the paucity of info -- no MajorCool error log info, no recounting
of screen messages, etc -- I will offer this:

When displaying lists and memberships, MajorCool uses the Perl library
routines provided by Majordomo. When subscribing, MajorCool actually
invokes Majordomo on the command line. If the former works but the
latter doesn't, I bet your permissions on the Majordomo script are such
that your web server cannot execute it.

--bill