List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Majordomo list configuration
From:       Chip Old <fold () bcpl ! net>
Date:       2003-06-26 14:15:23

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:11 -0400, Jaysheel Mehd wrote:

> I want a scheme such that only the users subscribed to the list should
> be able to send the email to the list.
>
> Is there any parameter that I can turn on in the config file to make it
> happen.

See the "restrict_post" section of the list.config file.  Say, for
example, the list in question is called "pcusers".  Do this::

restrict_post       =   pcusers

The value used for restrict_post variable can be a single file (as above)
or a space or colon delimited list of files.  The above example is
suitable if you want only members of pc users to be able to post to
pcusers.  If you want a select list of other addresses who are not
subscribers to be able to post to pcusers as well, put those other
addresses in a separate file (let's say "otherpcusers") in your lists
directory, and do this in pcusers.config:

restrict_post       =   pcusers otherpcusers

or...

restrict_post       =   pcusers:otherpcusers

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180