List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Problems with Moderated digest list
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () sonny ! org>
Date:       2002-12-19 3:55:00

Let me make sure I have this straight.

You have a list called news which is moderated and offered
to zubscribers only in digest format.  Members of the list
called main are able to post to news, but will not receive
the distributed messages posted to news.  If somebody posts
to main, that moderator will approve/forward to news, which
in turn gets digested without being distributed until the
send is triggered by line count, size, or time.

The problem, is that the name of the sender of the news-digest
(but just called news) is not showing up as owner-news (really
the return address for your robot)?

I think I would take this approach (using standard speak):

/etc/aliases
main: "|/home/majordomo/wrapper resend -l main main-outgoing,nobody"
main-outgoing: :include:/home/majordomo/lists/main,news
news: "|/home/majordomo/wrapper resend -l news news-digestify,nobody"
news-digestify: "|/home/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l news-digest news-digest-outgoing",
news-digest-outgoing: :include:/home/majordomo/lists/news

This makes main available as a non-digest version of your list
and sends each message to news for digesting.  Any message to
news is digested, but not sent to main.

Dan Liston