List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: A list to send to all lists.
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?B?TWljaGVsIEP0dOk=?=" <michel.cote.1 () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2002-06-30 22:36:49

-> Every list has an email address.  If you want a list of lists,
-> put every address of every list in one list.  So instead of
-> doing a .../majordomo/lists/aes_*, you would build a file like
->
-> .../majordomo/lists/aes_all containing one list address per line
-> aes_first@some.domain
-> aes_second@some.domain
-> aes_third@some.domain
-> aes_forth@some.domain

	I understand that but it means I have to edit the list every
time I add or remove a mailing list.  Also I'd have to subscribe the
"mega-list" to all the mailing lists because they are all closed lists.

	What I need is a way to access the email files from each lists
somewhat like the restrict_post can have multiple listing for valid
posters.

-> Of course, this has a dependency that YOU own all the lists.

	I own each mailing list but each list has its own administrator.

	Here's the setup, I'm Webmaster and administrator of a role
playing group website and the server it's on.  Game Masters belonging to
the group can have mailing lists if they want.  What I would like is a
quick way to send an "all-out" message to all the members (over 1,500)
of the group while keeping the amount of double or triple emails to a
minimum (some members are part of 5 or 6 PBeMs).  There's also a few
other mailing list in the majordomo folder which are not part of the
PBeM group and thus should not be contacted hence the aes_ file prefix.

	Thanks for your input and I hope you or someone else has an
idea.

	Michel Côté