List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: setting up a read-only list
From:       "Bruce Epstein - Zeus Productions" <bruce () zeusprod ! com>
Date:       2002-03-31 21:46:20

At 09:46 PM -0600 03/26/02, Joe Kmoch wrote:
> I may be missing something obvious, but I need to be able to set up a
> listserv whcih subscribers can't post to.  Our principal would like a
> vehicle to reach all of our students at one time electronically.
>
> What did I overlook?  I could find nothing in the MajorDomo Faq, nothing
> in
> the documentation, nothing in the O'Reilley book that deal with these
> lists.

As per earlier replies, see the "restrict_post" option.

This is covered briefly on page 60 of O'Reilly's "Managing Mailing Lists," although \
admittedly, you need to guess at how to create a read-only list. Unfortunately, the \
book's index doesn't have an entry for "read-only" or "announcement list."

Does anyone know of a good book on majordomo? This list tells me that there is a \
demand for such a book and yet I don't see any on Amazon when I search for \
"majordomo."

Regards,
Bruce