List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Digests and Archiving
From:       Rob Day <rday () tsl ! state ! tx ! us>
Date:       2001-12-28 17:55:30

Thanks for your help, Ed. I made the change you suggested (i.e. digest_issue
= 1) and the first digest was named v01.n001. However, after posting to the
list and forcing a digest it still failed to increment. I noticed in the
past that it would encounter errors while creating a digest. I'm guessing
that it wanted to create the file robtest_digest.config.out, but it already
existed and it was unable to modify it. Here's the error message:
	mj_digest: WARNING
	Failed to open temp file
	'/home/lists/majordomo/lists/robtest_digest.config.out', it exists
	mj_digest: ABORT
	Can't create new config file
	/home/lists/majordomo/lists/robtest_digest.config.out
I figured that this temp file was necessary to allow the digest to
increment. So I deleted the robtest_digest.config.out in the hopes that
mj_digest would then be able to do what it needed to do. Still no dice. It
didn't create robtest_digest.config.out and the digest didn't increment.
That makes me feel like it's a permissions issue, but I don't really know
what to do about it. Thanks again.
-Rob