List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Majordomo gobbles messages with no entry in Log or bounce message
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () netscape ! com>
Date:       2001-09-21 18:09:28

No Log entry?!?  I assume you are referring to the majordomo Log
file vs. the sendmail maillog file.  What does the sendmail
maillog file have to say about it?  If nothing, it never received
a connection to accept a message from to begin with.  If it did
receive the message, it will be logged, or you need to increase
the logging level of sendmail.  Check there first.

Does sendmail "Trust" the majordomo UID?
Are file and directory permissions strong enough to keep sendmail
happy?  Or have you turned down sendmail security enough to use the
existing ownerships and permissions on majordomo directories.
Do you have a link to the majordomo wrapper in the smrsh directory?

Dan Liston