List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: $SENDER vs $subscriber
From:       Michael Yount <csf () moscow ! com>
Date:       2001-09-21 3:27:00

If I understand correctly, the issue is not personalizing the message
to show the recipient, but altering the message to show the address
of the author as it is stored in the list of subscribers.

Majordomo 2 has a "rewritefrom" flag that supports changing the From:
header in this way, and with a minor code change it could support
using the rewritten address in a fronter or footer as well.

It should be fairly easy to change the Mj1 code to support such a
feature.

Michael