List:       majordomo-docs
Subject:    Here's something that needs to get added in...
From:       Robb Shecter <rshecter () seine ! ed ! umuc ! edu>
Date:       1995-07-13 7:44:56

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 22:04:47 -0800
From: Brent Chapman <Brent@GreatCircle.COM>
To: Marc Russell <mrussell@olympus.dis.wa.gov>,
    "Markert Erich Mr." <ae6244@euler.math.USMA.EDU>
Cc: Majordomo Users List <majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM>
Subject: Re: Volume numbers

At 12:38 PM 7/12/95, Marc Russell wrote:
>I'm not sure how majordomo handles it, but in general, the volume of a
>periodic publication indicates the number of years it has been
>continuously published.  So, if majordomo follows this rule, then it
>should increment the volume number in a year.
>
>Anyone else have a clearer understanding?

Well, yes, since I wrote the code...  There is no volume-increment feature
within the Majordomo digester; you have to increment the volume (and reset
the number to "1") by hand whenever appropriate.

-Brent

For info about the Internet Security Firewalls Tutorial and a schedule
of upcoming dates, please send email to Tutorial-Info@GreatCircle.COM