List:       mailman-users
Subject:    [Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.30 config
From:       Thomas Coradeschi via Mailman-Users <mailman-users () python ! org>
Date:       2023-02-18 13:53:49

Yes, I know a little behind in version updates. Any rate, I am trying to at least \
slow down the bots which are hammering our subscribe pages.

The challenge (and it's all me) is in getting baby steps to work.

I am looking to start with SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET, but honestly just don't get the \
definition of a "non-empty string"

The default is SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET = None

If I replace None with anything else, I get the following when I try to restart \
mailman

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../bin/mailmanctl", line 107, in <module>
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 167, in <module>
    SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET = random
NameError: name 'random' is not defined

—
Tom Coradeschi