List:       mailman-users
Subject:    [Mailman-Users] Re: Archive Issue
From:       Mark Sapiro <mark () msapiro ! net>
Date:       2020-09-18 14:09:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On 9/18/20 6:48 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:

> You are correct. However, the test system was cloned with just a
> hostname change. The original production system, from which the test
> system was cloned, has the same problem.

So you should fix that in the same way. How it broke, I don't know
unless at some point you did a backup and restore on the production system.

> I followed your instructions and it worked on the test system. What is
> really odd, to me, is that now the archives after Feb 2020 are showing
> up. Anyway, it looks like we are good to go. Thanks yet again.

Yes. As I've tried to explain, archiving only updates
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/*. pipermail URLs reference
/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/* which should be symlinks to
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/* to see the updated archive, but if
/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/* is an actual file hierarchy, it is
static and you won't see changes.

By fixing this and making /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/* the
appropriate symlinks, pipermail URLs are now showing you the content in
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/* which was being updated all along.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,