List:       mailman-users
Subject:    [Mailman-Users] =?utf-8?q?Need_new_SMTP_provider=E2=80=94SMTP2Go_?= =?utf-8?q?won=27t_allow_what_the
From:       Dominik Hoffmann <dhoffmann () uwalumni ! com>
Date:       2017-02-15 4:07:08

Hi Everyone:

A few months ago STMP2Go was recommended to me, because Verizon discontinued \
authenticated mail relaying for senders not using a verizon.net email address. More \
than the purported attempt to fight spam, I think, this was a way to lock people into \
using Verizon email addresses and making it harder to switch ISPs for those who do \
not want to change email addresses in the process.

SMTP2Go now informs me that the handful of Mailman mailing lists I am running for \
each of my kids, which automatically send copies to me and my wife, in addition to \
the respective child, are a violation of their mail relaying policy, because there is \
no way to eliminate the relaying of spam. They are concerned that the mail server \
that ultimately receives these messages will rat on SMTP2Go as having relayed spam, \
which will make their reputation and the deliverability of their other customers' \
messages suffer. In my case, however, the recipients are all on my personal mail \
server, which doesn't do any such reporting.

Regardless, what are other Mailman admin's recommendations for 3rd-party SMTP \
services, hopefully ones, where I will not run into trouble with my configuration?

Yours,

Dominik