List:       mailman-users
Subject:    Re: [Mailman-Users] What causes an "Uncaught bounce notification" ?
From:       Mark Sapiro <mark () msapiro ! net>
Date:       2011-11-26 17:36:47

Steve wrote:

>I have a subscriber who successfully posts to my GNUMailman list ( 2.1.13 ).
>
>However, every once in a while one of her emails gets bounced to me,
>the listowner, as an "Uncaught bounce notification".
>
>How can I figure out what she is doing to cause this?

The short answer is she sent the mail to LISTNAME-bounces@... instead
of LISTNAME@...

This probably happens because she is using an MUA (maybe MS Outlook)
that replies to the Sender: header address. The FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/RoA9> may be helpful.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,