List:       mailman-users
Subject:    Re: [Mailman-Users] Content filtering
From:       Mark Sapiro <mark () msapiro ! net>
Date:       2011-03-26 18:15:06

Robert M. Jenney wrote:

>As a list administrator I would like to have attachments removed but retain
>the HTML formatting of the primary message. When I put Content Filtering to
>Yes the attachments are removed but the message formatting is changed
>regardless of how I select the other settings. (I.e., footnote superscripts
>become regular text and the font appears to be regular text.) I can't find
>my answer in the FAQs.

If you want to accept HTML formatting, but remove other types of
attachments, put the following in pass_mime_types

multipart
text/plain
text/html

If you want to accept the plain text and HTML parts of messages
forwarded "as attachments" to the list, add

message/rfc822

to the above list.

In addition, you must set both collapse_alternatives and
convert_html_to_plaintext to No.

I have just added the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4C2> to cover
this.

--