List:       mailman-developers
Subject:    Re: [Mailman-Developers] "Orignal" MySQL Member Adaptor - 1.71
From:       "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen () xemacs ! org>
Date:       2008-09-27 8:21:16

kyrian (List) writes:

 > PS. Is Trac really as good as people seem to think it is? I've not
 > started using it, but I certainly like the *look* of it?

Well, the MacPorts people switched to Trac advertising it as "our
wonderful new Trac", and indeed for the first year I wondered how to
use it, especially for searching bugs.

I ended up simply ignoring all courtesy, and submitted everything as a
new bug and let the core devs classify them or find dupes.  The number
of dupes I've run into suggests that's what everybody does on
MacPorts. :-(

At this point that Trac has gotten somewhat better, but I would say
that when you start up you probably need to pay careful attention to
configuration, especially to priming it with useful searches.