List:       mailman-developers
Subject:    [Mailman-Developers] More weird situations...
From:       Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui () plaidworks ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 0:54:56

I've just run into yet another weird condition that mailman struggles with.

This may sound silly, but.. I renamed a mailing list today.

However, if you strictly follow the List-ID RFC (at least, as I read it),
even though it's been renamed, the List-ID shouldn't change. Even though
opentransportdev@lists.apple.com has become macprogdev@lists.apple.com, the
List-ID should still be opentransportdev.lists.apple.com, since that's how
it was defined in the global name space.

Now, in practice, I think it's important for the list-ID to track the list
name, but to be strictly compliant for those who want it that way, it seems
there ought to be a way to explicitly set List-ID, which Mailman just can't
do right now.

This, obviously, is a showstopper for 2.1.... (snork).