List:       mailfilter-dev
Subject:    [Mailfilter-dev] GNU gettext internationalisation
From:       baueran () t-online ! de (Andreas Bauer)
Date:       2001-03-04 7:38:04

As a last deed before I am down under, a quote from the fetchmail mailing list:

"NLS build is broken, and I am pissed off.

I am totally fed up with the baroque, fragile pile of crap that is GNU
internalization.  Whatever it's actually doing is buried under so many
layers of undocumented macrology and over-complex generation scripts
that I can't even figure out *when* it stopped working, let alone why.

I need a fix patch from somebody who actually understands this
nonsense.  Otherwise I'm just going to rip all that stuff out in the
next release so I can stop maintaining it; it has cost me way too much
tsuris in the last two weeks.  I have much better things to do with my
time."  -- Eric S. Raymond

It seems we are truly not the only ones running into configuration and macro
problems with GNU gettext :-) Somehow this statement gives me some relief that
I am not crazy yet, but probably even close to having resolved this issue.
Anyway, Bob, let me know if you come to a state in which mailfilter configures
properly under DJGPP. I think internationalisation will not be SUCH a major
issue anymore... It's working, sort of.

Ok, enjoy yourselves...

Andi.

Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de