--0016e64c165a4b38bd04912dcad2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 2010/9/26 P. Christeas > > > Lets see again what features had made us like linux in the first place: > - It used to be light and fast. (not like KDE4 or win Vista) > - It used to be able to run for months, even years without a crash or need > to > reboot.. (not like knotify4 and pulseaudio) > - It used to do all the things we wanted, with plethora of tools (not like > Gnome or Apple) > - It used to allow us to configure either through gui tools, or through > cmdline and text files (not like the modern "desktop" trends). > - It could connect to the network without the need of a GUI server/client > (not like networkmanager) > - It was free from closed-source applications (not like Android) > - It had allowed us to have a continuous desktop (+home) for many years, > including all the software upgrades, without need to format our disks every > 6 > months (not like Ubuntu or some KDE4 apps). > > I agree with this list and i'd like to add also: - Dont hide the root (with sudo commands etc) :) -- Dimitrios Glentadakis --0016e64c165a4b38bd04912dcad2 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable