List:       mageia-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers
From:       Mihai Dobrescu <msdobrescu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-07 6:11:45

I think that I read somewhere that Mandriva *started *as KDE centric. AFAIK,
Gnome, KDE and some other popular DE are supported and Mandriva spent an
important effort to make them look alike from the main menu and other
customizations point of view.
As file browsers I like Dolphin, Konqueror and I use Krusader a lot.
As internet browser, Firefox is my favorite, although I use Opera
occasionally (it's ergonomic, free but not open sourced). I would like to
see Firefox having Chrome's architecture (each tab in its process) and less
memory consumer (this is due to plugins too - the pluggable architecture is
what makes me stick with it).